Saturday, July 23, 2011

why did I create this blog?

over the past few months, my husband has been bugging me to share the pictures i take with my camera. my camera, as many people know, lives in my purse. i by no means claim to be a photographer, and i actually know very little about photography, but i enjoy taking pictures and love to capture life's little moments. i always carry my camera with me just in case i see something i like. sometimes we will be standing in a parking lot about to enter a store, and i will get out my camera to catch a shot of something as simple as a large butterfly on the bushes or an interesting cloud formation in the sky.

recently, a couple of people have asked me to share the recipes i try at home. again, i in no way see myself as a great cook. in fact, when i married a little less than 2 years ago, i really only made 4 or 5 things (aside from the simple things like spaghetti, mac and cheese, salads, and sandwiches), and they were ALL chicken dishes. one day, shortly after our wedding, my husband asked me if i ever cooked anything that didn't have chicken in it, and i couldn't name one thing i made that wasn't chicken or meatless. through that, i have branched out to try pork, ground turkey, beef, fish, and even buffalo! i have very much enjoyed this journey, and i get excited when i try something new that my husband and i both like. although i have tried cooking without a recipe, that still scares me, and most of the meals i make come from a cookbook or an online recipe site.

with these things in mind, i have decided to create this blog to share the moments i capture with my camera, making sure to include pictures of successful new recipes. hope you enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. yay! more things to read! so glad you decided to do this!

    xo
    ally

    ReplyDelete